Thursday, June 17, 2010

Airports, Wiltshire, and on being Home.

I am in ENGLAND!
Despite an inordinately long wait at Heathrow for my bus, the trip from London to Salisbury was incredible! The countryside started out looking like Pennsylvania or East Texas, even, but the, as we passed through Andover (which was such a beautiful little town that I would probably be happy to live out my entire life there), the landscape changed into these beautiful rolling hills with woods and groves...
Needless to say, I am thrilled to be here! Now if I could find a place to stay... (my couchsurfer can only host one night!).
I'm safe, sound, a bit hungry, and giddily happy.


As I told a guy from Birmingham when we landed on England's pastures green (or tarmac black), I know it's silly, but it feels to me as if I've just come home.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment